Budemeadows campsite is ideally located to access the key surfing beaches of Widemouth Bay and Bude. Summerleaze and Crooklets beaches at Bude are less than 4 miles away and when it's quiet campers at Bude are can hear the surf at Widemouth which is about a mile away, literally just down the road.
Widemouth in particular
attracts surfers the year round and whilst the winter months are
probably best left to devotees, the sea in summer is warm and inviting
and the water is probably at its warmest in September and October.
we were delighted that the quality of our closest beach was recognised by the award of Blue Flag status in 2015.
We are open all year and the site offers free showers with plenty of hot water. Our hard standings are ideal for motorhomes and camper vans and will ensure you don't get that sinking feeling when the ground is wet. Our pitches have 16 Amp hook ups so in winter you should be able to run the heater and the lights at the same time.
If you are looking for great camping site in Cornwall then rest assured you have found us. Great surf on the doorstep and a friendly welcome on site. Our showers are free so no fumbling for 20p when the shampoo's in your eyes and, in Mid & High Season, Grumpy Pete's Bar provides a quiet place to reflect on the day over a beer, cider, wine, fresh Coffee or our specialty hot chocolate.
- Bude Surf Check
- Widemouth Bay Surf Check
- BBC beach guide to Widemouth Bay
- Tide Times
- British Surfing Association (as was)
- Magic Seaweed - surf forecast
- Great video of surfing at Widemouth September 2008
- Big Blue Surf School. Big Blue Operates the local beaches and caters for all levels of experience
- Freewave Surf Academy Providing excellent surfing tuition to small groups, families and inderviduals. Lessons daily, based on Widemouth Beach
Surf School. Raven Surf School. Operates from all the local
beaches and offers both group and individual lessons.
Surf Forecast From Magic Seaweed